Cooking With Nina Parker
'CREAMY' TRUFFLE MUSHROOM PASTA
Purists look away! This is a “creamy” tasting pasta sauce without the heaviness of cream using soaked cashews. Recipe from Nina's Saucy cookbook.
London based chef and food writer.
She currently has three cookbooks - NINA St Tropez and Capri which both pay homage to the region’s stunning scenery and mouthwatering cuisine, and SAUCY, a book dedicated to showcasing the easiest, punchiest, jaw-droppingly delicious sauces from across the world, as seen in The Sunday Times Style, Mail On Sunday and The Evening Standard.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp truffle oil
- 250g mushrooms, sliced and dry-fried in batches (seasoning each batch with salt and pepper)
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 200g pasta of your choice
For the sauce
- 140g cashews, soaked in water and then weigh out 200ml almond/plant-based milk, 3 tbsp nutritional yeast, a few gratings of nutmeg and finally 1/2 large garlic clove.
1. Start by frying the mushrooms and divide the diced garlic clove between the batches with a splash of olive oil. Set the pasta cooking in salted boiling water.
2. Next, drain the soaked cashews and place into a blender along with 100ml of the milk and the other ingredients for the sauce.
3. Blend for about 2 minutes until you reach a smooth consistency. Then add the remaining milk and blend again. Taste to check the seasoning, adding in more salt, pepper or nutmeg if needed.
4. Put the frying pan back onto a medium heat and add mushrooms and pasta into the pan. Toss together. You can loosen the sauce with a little more nut milk or starchy pasta water if needed. It tends to thicken quite quickly.
Drizzle over with truffle oil and serve hot!
SILKY MAGENTA SET
The Laia shirt is crafted from breathable Cupro to a relaxed silhouette. Perfect to match with our Dalia trousers.
The Martina Blouse
The Martina blouse is crafted from breathable organic Belgium linen with gathers at the shoulders, knotted front and puffy sleeves.
Nina wears the Luna Top in Magenta.
THE LUNA TOP
This is a sleeveless top with a keyhole on the chest finishing with a halter neck knocking it in the back. The Luna top is crafted from breathable Cupro and has an elastic back for a relaxed fit.